Learn to drive with RSM
Established in 2001 RSM is a family business run by the husband and wife team of Richard and Della Rawson. Richard being the Driving Standards Agency Approved Driving Instructor and Della taking care of the administration. Such is the success of the driving school that new pupils are asked to book at least four weeks before their first lesson.
The current training vehicle is a dual controlled 2014 Vauxhall Corsa. Pupils are encouraged to start with two hour lessons which most elect to continue with. Lessons include theory and hazard perception tuition in line with the current mandatory theory and hazard perception tests. Basic car maintenance and independant driving are also covered in accordance with current practical driving test requirements. The number of tuition hours needed to pass the driving test varies widely as this is dependant upon pupil ability and whether private practise is possible. Lessons are always on a one to one basis. Richard is always punctual, smart, patient and friendly.
A fairly large area is covered, stretching from Fareham to Lee on Solent and Southampton, including the University and all the main colleges.
Richard is a member of the Hampshire County Council Pass Plus scheme entitling eligible pupils to a £75 discount when taking Pass Plus with RSM - terms and conditions apply.
Getting Started - The First Step - The Theory Test.
• The first step to getting on the road will be to take your theory test.
• It is a two part test
• The first part consists of 50 questions with mutiple choice answers
• You will need a minimum of 43 correct answers to pass
• The second part is the 'Hazard perception' test
• You will be shown 14 video clips containing 15 developing hazards
• Each hazard identified will score up to a maximum of 5 points
• You will need 44 points out of a maximum 75 to pass
• To aid your learning RSM can now provide free access to Theory Test Pro
Step Two - The Practical Test
• You may only apply for a Practical Test once you have successfully completed your Theory Test
• The Practical Driving Test begins with an Eyesight Test which entails reading a Number Plate from a distance of 20 metres.
• You will then be required to answer a question chosen by the examiner from a selection of 14 on vehicle safety/car maintenance.
• You will then demonstrate your driving skills for approximately 35 minutes. During the drive the examiner will require you to show how you would carry out a vehcle safety task such as turning on headlights/operating demisters etc. The course chosen by your examiner will include 20 minutes of independant driving (where the examiner will ask you to either follow road signs or directions from a SatNav), one of the set manouevres and a possible emergency stop.
• You are allowed a maximum of 15 minor driving faults.
RSM Tel: Locks Heath 01489 576673